We receive a lot of questions about red and sensitive skin during the winter months! So, AB is here to help resolve your issues once and for all...
First off we need you to ask yourselves a few simple questions:
1. Are you exfoliating and how frequently?
2. Are you using over 5 skin care products in your nightly or morning routine?
3. Are you using scorching hot water to wash your face or even in the shower!?
*Typically, over-washing, over-exfoliating, and over doing it when it comes to skin care can only lead to red and dry skin.
Now that we have gotten those questions out of the way here is what we recommend:
1. Minimize exfoliation as this can cause irritation and therefore lead to red, dry and even cause skin sensitivity. Try only 1-3x per week if you really feel the need! We actually recommend using a wash cloth to exfoliate rather than the fancy tools/scrubs out on the market. Bringing you back to the basics :)
2. Simplify your routine! We know it is hard to do but really try and eliminate the unnecessary steps! The more you are putting on your face the more likely you are to develop an allergy and cause irritation.
3. Make sure you are using warm water when washing your face NOT hot water.